If you’re still unsure about where to start, we can help.
With our free tips and guidance, you can build a better digital marketing setup. But if you don’t have the time or resources to manage it all on your own, we can support you. Get in touch to find out how.
Creating a custom audience(segments) allows you to appropriately target people currently looking for what you’re selling (intent) and those who generally have an interest in what you sell (affinity). This way, you get higher chances of seeing significant engagement in your ads.
You achieve this by typing the keywords, URLs, or apps that identify with this set of people.
For example, you can type “iPhone 13 price” or “iPhone 13 review” for people currently interested in acquiring this product.
How to set up a custom audience
Follow these simple steps to create your custom audience:
- On your google ads account, click on “Tools & settings.”
- Under the shared library , select Audience manager
- On the new page, you should see the remarketing and custom audience column.
- Select the custom audience column and click on the blue button to create a new custom audience.
- Choose who you want to target (People with an affinity or intent for your business)
- On the next page, fill in the details that matter to your campaign as well as how you want to target them— interest, URLs, or apps
- Insert the keywords, websites, or apps that align the most with your campaign
- Select the campaign network you want to focus your search on— Display, Gmail, YouTube, or Discovery.
- Filter the results with the metrics on the page to arrive at your ideal consumers.
- Click Save to complete the exercise.
Explore our services to see how we can support you.
We work with clients of all sizes, ambitions, and expectations, and with budgets that start from as little as £150pm to over £1.5m each year. Explore our simple-to-understand packages that take the pressure off, so that you can focus on what you do best.
Get a free website health-check.
Find out if your website is depriving you of visitors. Request our free website health-check to identify common issues with speed, user experience, and performance. We’ll deliver this in a clear report along with some basic recommendations and quick fixes.
Frequently asked questions
Google Ads geo-targeting allows you to focus your ads on specific locations, reaching your desired audience. We’ve explained in detail on how to use it here.
Sure, you can use Google keyword planner! It helps you target your ideal consumers by providing broader search phrases surrounding your ad theme. We’ve listed a step-by-step guide for you here.
Google Ads’ Ad Preview and Diagnostics tool allows you to preview your ads and provides insights. Click here to learn more on why it is essential for optimizing your ad performance.