If you’re still unsure about where to start, we can help.
With our free tips and guidance, you can build a better digital marketing setup. But if you don’t have the time or resources to manage it all on your own, we can support you. Get in touch to find out how.
Google keyword planner helps you target your ideal consumers by providing broader search phrases surrounding your ad theme.
Through this tool, you learn what key terms people search for the most, which has greater value for targeting, and those to include in your negative keyword lists.
How to get started
Before you can use Google Keyword planner, you need to have a Google ads account and at least one campaign. You can always pause the campaign if you’re not ready to launch.
Once you have signed into your ads account, follow these steps:
- Click on “Tool” at the top right of the page
- If your account is on smart mode, click on “switch to expert mode” to access the planner and all the features of Google ads
- On the new page, select “find keywords” to get search phrases for your ads or business
- Select “get search volume” if you already have keywords you like to see their search performance (volume, difficulty, target cost, etc).
- If you selected “find keywords” on the resulting page, insert the core term of your ad campaign on the search (e.g., home caregiver) to get a vast list of keyword ideas and their performance information
- If you selected get search volume, on the resulting page, paste your keywords in the box and click “get started” to see the information.
Explore our services to see how we can support you.
We work with clients of all sizes, ambitions, and expectations, and with budgets that start from as little as £150pm to over £1.5m each year. Explore our simple-to-understand packages that take the pressure off, so that you can focus on what you do best.
Get a free website health-check.
Find out if your website is depriving you of visitors. Request our free website health-check to identify common issues with speed, user experience, and performance. We’ll deliver this in a clear report along with some basic recommendations and quick fixes.
Frequently asked questions
Before launching your first Google ads campaign, there are a few tools and features you need to learn about and implement appropriately on your website or application. Check them out here.
Creating a custom audience on Google Ads helps you reach the right people more effectively. For a step-by-step guide on how to setup, click here!
Google Ads geo-targeting allows you to focus your ads on specific locations, reaching your desired audience. We’ve explained in detail on how to use it here.