AdShare is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. In the event that we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What Information We Collect
• In general, you can visit our site without giving us information about yourself.
• When you register online, contact us, or interact with us in any other way, we may sometimes receive personal information about you, such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number etc.
• In certain instances, we collect and use your personal information by relying on the legitimate interest legal basis. This is because when you, for example, request to receive information or services from us, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your personal information to respond to you.
• In most instances, however, we will rely on obtaining your consent to use your personal information. This is the case, for example, where we seek to obtain your consent to send you email marketing. Details of this follow…
If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By opting in, you grant us the right to contact you for marketing purposes.
If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number, we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work unless you have told us that you would prefer not to be contacted in this way.
How Information is Used
• We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
• We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.
• We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies or to ask you for feedback.
• We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to serve you better. This may include, for example, communication about our campaigns and activities. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing [email protected].
• We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether, and in what ways, you might be interested in our services or in taking advantage of our free articles.
• We use your personal information to investigate and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
• Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
Who is Information Shared With?
We will never share, sell or swap your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data. We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
• To suppliers or service providers only to provide the products or services you’ve requested from us. (We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.)
• To trusted third parties who work with us in connection with our services, to provide our updates and marketing information – subject to your communication preferences and our internal policies and procedures. (We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.)
• Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect ourselves, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
This website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently for visitors and to provide information to the owners of the site. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of our website to operate.
Information Derived from Cookies
We use information derived from cookies to:
• Compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
• Facilitate users’ ability to navigate through the website.
• Ascertain whether our website is operating effectively.
• Personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of our website are most relevant to you.
We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
In your web browser, you can control which types of cookies you allow. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser’s settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser’s cache (history).
If You are Under 16 Years of Age
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on our website.
Your Right to Personal Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information, or object to our processing of your personal information.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and services. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on suppression lists to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact [email protected] to let us know your updated communication preferences.
Changes to this Policy