If you’re still unsure about where to start, we can help.
With our free tips and guidance, you can build a better digital marketing setup. But if you don’t have the time or resources to manage it all on your own, we can support you. Get in touch to find out how.
In the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing, videos play a crucial role for charities to communicate their mission effectively. This article provides key tips for making impactful videos on YouTube, to help improve your campaigns and boost engagement.
1. Prioritize Quality: The Core of Video Campaigns
Start by investing in at least one high-quality video, as paid budgets mainly support video campaigns. These campaigns serve as a gateway to reach a wider audience and garner support for your charitable efforts.
2. YouTube Hub: Exclusive and Improved Content
Remember, videos for your charity’s campaigns must be uploaded on your YouTube account. While using existing videos is a good start, optimizing them is essential to make the most of your budget. Identify areas for improvement to enhance your video content’s impact.
Key Recommendations for Effective Videos
- Accessibility with Subtitles: Improve video accessibility by adding subtitles directly onto the video. Place subtitles above YouTube’s progress bar for a seamless viewing experience.
- Consistent End Screen: Conclude each video with a consistent end screen featuring your charity’s logo, website URL, and a specific call-to-action based on the video’s content.
- Strategic Logo Placement: Keep your charity’s logo in the left or right-hand corner throughout the video for brand recognition and a cohesive viewing experience.
- Optimal Video Length: Aim for a maximum duration of 60 seconds for concise yet impactful content. This is especially important if resources are limited.
- Content Dynamics: Blend raw footage of your work with case studies and beneficiary quotes. Authenticity often resonates more with audiences. Provide essential information and clear calls-to-action.
- Seasonal Relevance: Tailor your video content to match seasons and events. For instance, during Ramadan, focus on themes related to food and community support. Respond promptly to current issues.
By following these recommendations, your charity can turn its video content into powerful tools that effectively convey its mission and inspire action and support. The effectiveness of video campaigns lies not only in the quality of the video but in its ability to emotionally connect and drive positive change.
Explore our services to see how we can support you.
We work with clients of all sizes, ambitions, and expectations, and with budgets that start from as little as £150pm to over £1.5m each year. Explore our simple-to-understand packages that take the pressure off, so that you can focus on what you do best.
Get a free website health-check.
Find out if your website is depriving you of visitors. Request our free website health-check to identify common issues with speed, user experience, and performance. We’ll deliver this in a clear report along with some basic recommendations and quick fixes.
Frequently asked questions
Developing a strategy for video is key for a successful marketing campaign. It helps you understand video techniques, your target audience, brand objectives, and digital platforms for content sharing. Here are some tips to get started.
Well the short answer is ‘2 minutes or less! But less than 90 seconds is even better.’ However, the longer answer is worth a read. Check out our roadmap of pointers, before embarking on your video journey.
Video ads are the most used forms of Google Ads for small businesses and charities. When done right, they can generate a substantial amount of brand awareness. Here are some tips to help you out.